WOMEN IN LEADERSHIPLIVE ONLINE COURSE WITH IBM’S GLOBAL PARTNER FOR AI & ANALYTICS
- Identify your professional superpowers
- Find your unique voice as a leader
- Think strategically about career advancement
- Light a fire under your professional brand
LIVE ONLINE COURSE WITH IBM’S GLOBAL PARTNER FOR AI & ANALYTICS
10 NOV 2022 - 22 DEC 2022
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
5 PM UK / 6 PM CET
How do effective female leaders increase their influence and drive impact?
Join IBM’s AI & Analytics Global Partner, Noelle Silver, for a 6-week transformational leadership development program designed exclusively for women to reflect, connect, and lead with confidence.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
YOU WANT TO MOVE INTO A LEADERSHIP POSITION
Learn what it takes to be an effective leader and the skills you need for future success. Map out your personal and professional goals with confidence.
YOU WANT TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Build your leadership, communication, and negotiation skills and develop a mindset to advance in your career. Learn to increase your influence and strengthen your authority.
YOU ARE A THRIVING WOMAN IN LEADERSHIP
Become a master in communication and negotiation and learn the keys to effective leadership. Get the tools to improve yourself, build a team, and take your company to the next level.
YOUR ASCENT STARTS HERE
DEVELOP YOUR OWN ROADMAP TO LEADERSHIP SUCCESS.
What does success look like to you? This course will give you the tools you need to reach your goals in work and life. Create a 12-month plan to achieve your personal and professional goals and overcome common hurdles facing women in leadership.
LEARN FROM THOSE WITH DEEP INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
Learn under the guidance of Noelle Silver, an executive leader at top companies such as NPR, Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon Alexa, while connecting with other high-achieving women through workshops and in-class activities.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Map out your personal and professional goals. This course will help you think deeply about your own core values, vision, and leadership style as you learn to overcome the challenges of being a woman in leadership.
Develop a detailed plan for future success. With a 90-day personal development vision and a 12-month goal-orientated action plan, you’ll finish this course with a clear path to achieving your goals.
Learn to negotiate and communicate like a pro. Gain confidence in dealing with tough conversations, learn the keys to effective communication, and build your resilience as a leader.
SILVER LINKEDIN PROFILE
- Global Partner, AI and Analytics at IBM
- Led technology teams at NPR, Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon Alexa
- Specializes in helping companies with emerging technology, cloud, AI, and Web 3.0
- Founder of AI Leadership Institute, empowering and inspiring organizations globally to begin thinking more deeply about AI
- Passionate about teaching women and people of color how to use the power of technology and influence to achieve success in business
- Multi-award-winning technologist, entrepreneur, and keynote speaker
NOELLE SILVER COURSE INTRODUCTION
THU (11/10), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Being a Woman at Work
Learn about the inherent challenges and opportunities for women in leadership, considering where we’ve come from and where we are now with workplace inequality.
- The impact of COVID-19 & economic conditions on women
- Knowing the difference between power, influence, and authority
- The importance of mindset and determining your ‘why’
- Workshop: Develop a personal mission statement and core values
Assignment #1: The ‘7 whys’ exercise.
TUE (11/15), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Self Awareness, Branding, and Presence
Discover your purpose and vision and learn to tell your story with guest speaker Sandy Carter, Senior Vice President and Channel Chief at Unstoppable Domains.
- The importance of self-awareness in career management
- Building your personal brand
- Examples of successful women in leadership
- Workshop: Develop your simple sentence story
THU (11/17), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
IQ, EQ, and AQ: Leadership Intelligence
Convert raw data from rudimentary sources into foundations for insights.
- Data extracts from business systems
- Cleaning and preparing data for analysis
- Aggregating data into metrics
- Sharing metrics with stakeholders: The perfect summary email
Assignment #2: Eliminate emotional false beliefs.
TUE (11/22), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Develop a strategy for overcoming challenges and always landing on your feet.
- Overcoming obstacles in your career
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Managing up and leading leaders
- Decisions as a pathway to success
Assignment #3: Vision and goal exercise – create your professional scorecard.
TUE (11/29), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Problem-Solving Like a Leader
Discover different techniques for collaboration and problem-solving.
- Rethinking problems and building confidence
- The truth about customer obsession
- Tools for collaboration
- Workshop: Generating ideas through design thinking
Assignment #4: 100 ways to stay motivated exercise and hands-on collaboration tools.
THU (12/1), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Building Your Leadership Presence
Learn how to raise your voice in the workplace. Develop a personal branding strategy and understand the difference between mentorship and sponsorship for leaders.
- Bringing your authentic voice to the world
- Inclusivity and influence for fostering innovation
- Positivity, reciprocity, and servant leadership
- The difference between sponsorship and mentorship
Assignment #5: ‘Who am I?’ exercise, story inventory, and homework for life.
TUE (12/6), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
The Art of Giving Feedback
Practice giving and receiving both positive and negative feedback with empathy and compassion.
- The importance of feedback and key challenges
- The feedback sandwich
- Vulnerability and perceptions of failure
- Workshop: Bad news and drive by sandwich
Assignment #6: Using the template provided, find five people to get feedback from. Be prepared to share your reflections and what was new to you.
THU (12/8), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Vision, Goals, and Measuring What Matters
Develop a 12-month detailed goal-orientated plan for personal and professional success.
- Understanding the vision of your leadership and employees
- OKRs as a methodology for measuring results
- The power of WBRs, MBRs, and QBRs in reporting
- Tools and resources for measuring the success of your team
Assignment #7: Create OKRs for your life.
TUE (12/13), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Negotiating Like a Pro
Understand how to negotiate from a position of power and confidence.
- Knowing where you want to go
- Key strategies for negotiating a win-win
- Mindful negotiations and non-violent communication
- Role-play exercise: I want a raise
Assignment #8: Make a list of things that you need support from others to achieve professionally and personally. Pick two and consider your desired outcome and common objections. Practice role-playing how you might negotiate the best possible outcome.
THU (12/15), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Learn how to connect with like-minded people and be the CEO of your own life. Uncover common myths about networking.
- Your network as your net worth
- Become the CEO of your own life, with an advisory board
- Being congruent in your personal, professional, and digital life
- Workshop: Help and be helped
Assignment #9: Connect with everyone in the class on LinkedIn and set up a coffee date with one of your classmates.
TUE (12/20), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Success and Self-Care
Discover mechanisms for self-care and how to establish harmony in work and life.
- Creating a virtuous cycle of work and family
- Focus and stress management
- Building confidence with self-care
- Workshop: Mindfulness and meditation practice
Assignment #10: Create a list of activities and practices that will help you feel centered, calm, and taken care of. How will you prioritize these? Take the seven-day mental diet challenge.
THU (12/22), 5 PM UK/6 PM CET
Future Development as a Leader
Build your personal and professional strategic plan to get the results you want in life. Define where you want to go and how you can get there.
- Working backwards with your 12-month plan
- Sub-targets as a key to success
- Productivity hacks for women in leadership
- Working out what’s next
Assignment #11: Prepare a 90-day personal development plan.